MBA & Career: Master of Business Administration is one qualification which has acquired a very prominent place in the arena of professional education. No matter from which stream a student are, everyone wants to do an MBA and rightly so, to a certain extant. In this post we will tell you about importance of MBA.
Lots of aspirants preparing for competitive exams and those who are looking for different career prospects often ask about the importance of MBA in their career. Master of Business Administration (MBA) has emerged as a one of the major qualifications in the last 15-20 years. This is one qualification which employers are looking for, while recruiting people.
Why MBA is so important? The reason for importance of this qualification is that it is the one qualification which helps the students to have an all-round knowledge of the entire system of the things which are required to be succeeded in the Corporate World. A good MBA program helps you to have very good understanding of concepts of finance, marketing, HR, operations, economy, international business, international finance, cost management etc. it also help you to develop your communication skills, presentation skills, negotiation skills, leadership skills etc. In a nutshell it can be said that this program helps you to understand the entire gamut of the corporate world and enables you to be successful in key positions. A good MBA program can give a new dimension to your career and can help you to change your mindset. After completing this program you are definitely going to have an edge over others who have not done it. Few other important reasons are stated as under:
- MBA degree will help you get an insight into the necessary competence for handling of business and segments constituting it.
- You may be wonderfully knowledgeable, but an MBA program relevant to your field of operation will help sharpen your managerial skills & soft skills necessary for man management.
- The MBA is becoming the entry qualification to higher management. It is the world’s most popular business qualification, designed to provide students with the understanding of major business functions.
- In a number of industries it is becoming an essential qualification. It is almost impossible to get a consultancy or finance job without an MBA. There are also a number of companies that will only promote you past a certain point if you have an MBA.
- An MBA is an effective way of demonstrating your suitability and commitment to senior management. It is also one of the best ways for someone who has followed a technical or specialist track to show that they are ready for a senior management role.
What one should do before joining a MBA Program? There are many things which one should look for before joining a MBA program. First and foremost is the institution or college from where you are going to pursue this program. Friends, let me tell you that there are hundreds of institutions/colleges inIndia which are imparting management educations, however very few of them are good quality institutions so you should be very selective while selecting an institution. There are various ways through which you can judge the quality of a B School, there are various ratings of top B schools which can be referred, such as ratings by pagulguy.com, Economic times, CSR etc., you can also enquire about the placement record of the institution or you can also check with the students who are already pursuing program from the institute.
Top MBA Institutions: Some of the top institutions of our country are IIMs, XLRI, ISB, XIMB, TISS, SPJIMR, FMS, Narsee Monji, Jamana Lal Bajaj, MDI, SIBM, IMT, Nirma, IIFT etc. These are among the top institutions of our country however there are many more.
Beware of ordinary and unrecognized Institutions: Pursuing MBA from a mediocre institution may not really help you as it may not have a good value in the market. The most important aspect which I would like to remind you is the choice of the college so take care of this aspect and avoid admission in an ordinary college or unrecognized college as fees for pursuing this program is huge and later on if placement is not good than situation can be tough for you.
Entrance Tests: There are various types of entrance tests for admission into MBA programs; most popular among all the tests are CAT, XAT, MAT, GMAT etc. The syllabus for all the tests are almost same however there is a huge difference in the difficulty levels of the tests, for example in CAT and XAT the difficulty level is very high whereas in MAT difficulty level is not that high. The higher you score in these tests the better chances you have to get admission in a top rated institution. After qualifying the first hurdle you will also have to appear in the interview and Group Discussion to get a final berth.
Filed Under: MBA
About the Author: