Daily GK Updates – Current Affairs 13.04.2015

Daily GK Updates – Current Affairs 13.04.2015

Guenter Grass: Guenter Grass, the Nobel-winning German writer has died at the age of 87.

Sania Mirza: Indian professional tennis Sania Mirza official became the first Indian woman tennis player to be ranked world number one in doubles.

Paytm: Mobile commerce platform Paytm has tied up with National Centre for Trade Information (NCTI), aimed at helping MSMEs scale faster.

Escorts: Tractor maker Escorts Limited has entered into a joint Venture with Rajkot-based Amul Group for manufacturing specially tractor Steeltrac. Escorts will hold 40% stake in Adico Escorts Agri Equipments Private Limited, while Amul would have the rest 60%. 

BHEL: State-owned Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has commissioned a 600 MW thermal unit at Dhabra in Janjgir Champa District of Chhattisgarh for the Dainik Bhaskar Power Limited.

Brijbushan Sharan: Brijbhushan Sharan Singh has been re-elected as the president of the Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) for a four-year term.

New Zealand: New Zealand has won the 2015 Sultan Azlan Shah Cup men’s hockey tournament by defeating Australia in the final at Sultan Azlan Shah Stadium in Ipoh, Malaysia.

WTA Family Circle Cup: Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis won the WTA Family Circle Cup doubles title at Charleston in the United States.

Godrej Group: The food retail arm of the Godrej Group, Godrej Nature’s Basket has joined hands with Amazon for selling its products through the e-commerce giant’s platform in India. 

Test your Knowledge – Quiz 13.04.2015 

Question: Who has won the 2015 Sultan Azlan Shah Cup men’s hockey tournament?
A) Australia
B) India
C) New Zealand
D) South Korea
Answer & Explanation: New Zealand has won the 2015 Sultan Azlan Shah Cup men’s hockey tournament.

Question: The food retail arm of the Godrej Group, Godrej Nature’s Basket has joined hands with ______ for selling its products through the e-commerce giant’s platform in India?
A) Flipkart
B) Snapdeal
C) Amazon
D) eBay
Answer & Explanation: The food retail arm of the Godrej Group, Godrej Nature’s Basket has joined hands with Amazon for selling its products through the e-commerce giant’s platform in India.

Question: Who became the first Indian woman tennis player to be ranked world number one in doubles?
A) Sania Nehwal
B) P.V. Sindhu
C) Sania Mirza
D) Ankita Singh
Answer & Explanation: Sania Mirza became the first Indian woman tennis player to be ranked world number one in doubles.

Question: Who has been re-elected as the president of the Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) for a four-year term?
A) Praksh Dutt
B) Brijbhushan Sharan Singh
C) Aditya Kumar
D) Kapil Sharma
Answer & Explanation: Brijbhushan Sharan Singh has been re-elected as the president of the Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) for a four-year term.

Question: Who was Guenter Grass?
A) ecologist
B) scientist
C) sports person
D) writer
Answer & Explanation: Guenter Grass was a writer.

Question: Who was Guenter Grass?
A) ecologist
B) scientist
C) sports person
D) writer
Answer & Explanation: Guenter Grass was a writer.

Filed Under: Current AffairsCurrent Affairs April 2015Current Affairs QuizDaily GK Updates

About the Author:

RSSComments (0)

Trackback URL

Leave a Reply




If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a Gravatar.